1. My writing profession began as a problem: I’ve at all times been a voracious reader, however I’ve by no means seen myself writing, not to mention having one thing printed. I used to be having a tough time coping with the struggles of the ladies near me and I opened my coronary heart to a pricey buddy. We mentioned some features and I advised him, very irritated, that I used to be going to write down about it; he stated ‘in fact’. Partially, I did this to show him improper, however I additionally actually wished to inform these tales that I felt many different girls would relate to, and I hoped that as they learn my writings, they might make completely different choices than those I knew. Alongside the way in which, I found the peace that comes with writing and I have never stopped since.
2. I’m fairly decided: I used to be by no means one to take no for a solution. Once I completed engaged on my draft manuscript, I Googled ‘Easy methods to Get Printed’ and spent hours and hours studying about codecs, queries, phrase counts, and publishing schedules. Throughout my session course of, I obtained a complete of about fifty ‘no’s’. I stored a listing of all of them, wrote a easy ‘Rejected’ within the final column of the desk (I left those that had been too painful clean) and stored urgent till I bought a sure. There have been, in fact, tears and reformulations in between, however I firmly believed that I’d get a sure ultimately.
3. I used to be one thing of a performer as a child: My dad and mom, notably my father, had been decided to make sure that their kids had been well-educated people and enrolled us in music classes, the church choir, and numerous performances. I realized to play the piano, violin, and saxophone and located that my identify, together with that of my sisters, was at all times included within the church program. I used to be additionally, for some time, a part of the dance group, though I am not an ideal dancer. Today, I maintain my efficiency to a minimal.
4. I am a giant fan of Kdrama/Asian drama: A bit of over a decade in the past, I used to be a school pupil fortunately strolling down the hallway of my hostel and a buddy invited me to hitch a gaggle session of a Korean drama. My life hasn’t been the identical since then. I used to be – and nonetheless am – completely blown away by the excellent storytelling, cinematography and unique soundtracks. Dramas are the one time I flip off my overactive mind, chill out and simply benefit from the present. Most significantly, I are inclined to have a finite variety of episodes and I by no means need to impatiently suppose or look forward to seasons, which is kind of nice for anybody who thinks an excessive amount of about me.
5. I am a numbers particular person: I consider dates and numbers and sequences. My favourite topic at school has at all times been math. In highschool, I took it a step additional, becoming a member of my faculty’s Math Olympiad group and successful just a few medals in nationwide competitors. I studied Accounting at college, was accredited by ACCA, did an MBA and handed the primary degree exams for the CFA. Sure, in case it wasn’t clear earlier than, I actually by no means thought I’d develop into a author.
6. I am actually unhealthy at something that includes utilizing my fingers: Whether or not it is stitching, making a pleasant bun, or dabbling in ornamental arts and crafts, I am fairly unhealthy at something that includes utilizing my fingers; properly, besides cooking as a result of I’ve to outlive in some way. So have a deep admiration for individuals who are actually good at this stuff. After years and years of attempting, I lastly accepted that some persons are good at all the pieces and I am not considered one of them.
7. I react badly to caffeine: Caffeine by no means labored for me; I’ve a heavy feeling in my head that by no means goes away till I sleep. I can solely devour espresso with a wholesome dose of milk/cream and I am not a giant fan both. For some time, black tea labored as an honest substitute till it did not. Now I am pressured to depend on good ol’ inexperienced tea and respectable sleep to get me by means of the day.
8. I am a little bit of a sports activities fanatic: Soccer, tennis, athletics; I really like all of them. I used to be raised in a household fascinated by sports activities. One in all my favourite recollections to speak about was watching the 2002 FIFA World Cup closing with my mum and sisters and making a mock wager towards my mum who was so certain “the German machines” would win. My sisters and I had been fairly fascinated by the attractive soccer that Brazilians performed and we had been certain they might triumph. We had been proper, and we by no means let my mom overlook that.
9. I am studying to not fear: For many of my life up till now, I’ve frightened and tried to plan each side of the place my life was going and what I would be doing within the subsequent 5 years, and the ten years after that, and so forth. Then the final 5 years glided by, and I noticed what a waste of time that was, as a result of I could not have predicted, in any manner, all the pieces that has occurred since then and the way a lot these occasions would change me. I nonetheless have unhealthy anxiousness days, however now I am making a acutely aware effort to look to the long run with anticipation, optimism, and hope.