NORMAN, Okla. – Oklahoma’s Jake Bennett knocked out 11 as he threw seven two-hit innings into the Sooners result in a 14-2 win over Ok-State in Friday night time’s sequence opener at L. Dale Mitchell Park.
The Oklahoma offense backed Bennett with 16 hits – 12 of which went to further bases. Peyton Graham scored twice and had 4, whereas Tanner Tredaway made it 3-5 with 5 RBIs.
“Bennett was the story of the night time,” stated the coach. Pete Hughes. “While you get a child right into a rhythm like that, the place you recognize runs are going to be very precious, you are all the time chasing. Credit score to them, they began off nicely and bought hits twice and massive hits with runners at base.”
Bennett retired the final 10 Wildcats he is confronted and 12 of the final 13. He is solely allowed three baserunners, spreading two hits and hitting one hitter.
Ok-State (21-20, 3-10 Large 12) pushed a base runner to second base in three consecutive innings — second via fourth — however the Cats did not scratch a run in opposition to southpaw Sooner.
Oklahoma (26-14, 8-5 Large 12) scored in six of the eight innings he made it to the scoreboard, posting crooked numbers in 4 totally different boards.
Graham’s first dwelling run of the day prolonged the one-run result in a 4-0 rating within the third. Jackson Nicklaus gave OU an early lead with a solo shot within the second.
Tredaway managed a double of two runs and two outs within the fifth, which scored six runs received in opposition to the Ok-State holder. Connor McCullough. McCullough equaled his profession report with 5 walks, permitting seven hits in six innings, with 5 going to further bases. Sophomore redshirt eradicated three.
The fifth of two runs set off a run of 4 straight innings during which the Sooners scored, including two within the seventh earlier than an eighth of 5 runs.
Within the eighth, OU totaled 5 hits, 4 for further bases. Tredaway related in a two-run homer, whereas Blake Robertson and John Spikerman tied RBI doubles.
Each Ok-State races positioned ninth, as Kaelen Culpepper and Brendan Jones every picked up hit RBI singles. Orlando Salinas led the ninth with a one-two. Three of the Cats’ six hits got here within the ninth inning.
Nick Goodwin doubled within the fourth as he and Salinas hit the one extra-base hits for Ok-State of the night time.
4 Wildcat pitchers mixed to stroll eight and eradicate 9.
Oklahoma hit .500 (9 out of 18) with males on base whereas 7 out of 14 with two outs. OR registered 5 RBI to 2.
Ok-State mixed for only one hit with two outs (1 of 9) and two with males on base (2 of 9).
MOMENTS THAT MATTER
With a one-run lead in third, Graham threw a three-run dwelling run over the fence in left subject, increasing Oklahoma’s result in 4 runs. Graham’s eleventh dwelling run of the season was created by a gap stroll from Kendall Pettis and a single from Spikerman. Nicklaus raised a solo homer within the second inning for the sport’s opening run.
A Graham one-two and a Robertson stroll, McCullough’s fifth for the day, preceded a two-run one-two for Tredaway within the fifth. The Sooners managed three doubles within the innings, extending the result in 6-0.
A two-out double by Pettis, after the inning was prolonged by a Wildcat error, scored on a run in sixth. Graham’s second homer, a solo shot and a triple RBI punctuated a seventh inning of two runs, whereas OU’s lead elevated to 9 runs.
INSIDE THE SCORE BOX
- Ok-State scored two runs out of six with one error and left three at base.
- Oklahoma scored 14 runs on 16 hits, made no errors, and misplaced seven base gamers.
- The Wildcats bought RBI hit singles from Culpepper and Jones.
- Twelve of the Sooners’ 16 hits went to further bases (7 doubles, trebles, 4 dwelling runs).
- Goodwin and Salinas doubled up for the Cats.
- Ok-State had simply two hits in seven innings.
- Oklahoma scored in six of the eight innings he made it to the scoreboard.
- 4 Sooners recorded multi-hit video games, with Graham, Spikerman and Tredaway every recording three hits.
- Tredaway had 5 runs, the sport’s report, whereas Graham had 4 behind two dwelling runs.
- Pettis doubled up twice and made it to base 4 instances.
- McCullough tied his profession report with 5 walks, permitting for six runs on seven hits in 5 innings.
- Bennett tied for a career-best 11 strikeouts in seven innings.
- Ok-State had a success with two outs (1 for 9) and went 2 for 9 with the runners at base.
- Oklahoma hit .500 with two outs (7 of 14) and with runners on base (9 of 18).
- Oklahoma leads the all-time 203-82-1 (51-22 Large 12) sequence, which dates again to 1913.
- Ok-State is 26-101-1 on the highway in opposition to the Sooners.
- The Wildcats’ five-game streak with a house run was lower brief.
- Ok-State is now 5-12 in away video games and 5-15 in all away video games.
- The Sooners received the final six conferences in Norman.
- The Cats have made no less than one mistake in eight straight video games and in 17 of their final 18 video games in complete.
Ok-State and Oklahoma proceed their three-game sequence Saturday at 2pm. The sport might be televised by Bally Sports activities Oklahoma with radio protection on Information Radio KMAN. Free reside audio can also be out there at Ok-StateSports.com/Watch.